суббота, 9 февраля 2013 г.

строим дом дерево

And here is a view from the back.ВP James wanted me to make the coconut look like a guy with a hat on, and I think he also looks like a gnome.

This is the coconut hideout bedroom with a ladder leading up to it.ВP The ladder is made out of dowels, wood beads, and string.ВP The coconut was pre-scored, and I simply had to nail a screwdriver in it and carefully split it.ВP The top is glued on with a glue gun.

This is a close up of the stairs that take the gnomes to the second floor.ВP A ladder takes them to the third floor, and another ladder takes them to their coconut hideout.ВP This also shows the other “wings” from the “angels”, I used it to make leaves.

A picture of the full scope of the swing, the baby gnomes, the fire, and a gigantic butterfly.

A close up of the babies in the swing.

Here we see the Daddy and the Mama Gnome standing around the fire while their two twin baby gnomes swing nearby.

And here are the little gnomes eating at their table.ВP I originally cut the branches to be tree blocks, but later changed my mind.ВP If I did it over again I would make them a bit taller, as the roof is crowding the gnomes a bit.

And here is the tiny little bird house and the bee hive on the side.

And here is a different view that shows more what I’m talking about.

This picture shows the “well”.ВP I’d like to find a small bucket that I can hang right over the hole.ВP The hole was in the cutting board to hang it I guess, and I had a branch that looked like it would make a perfect well so I nailed it over the hole.ВP I made the bucket so that it can be raised and lowered as well, and even though it wouldn’t really serve any function if this tree house were a real house, Owen loves raising and hooking it into place.

And meet the twin baby gnomes.ВP Their obviously fraternal, as one happened to get huge eyes.ВP Oops.ВP They are made out of what were the “angels” hands.ВP I just put a screw in the center of them and wrapped a piece of fabric around and tied it up with string.ВP And walla, babies!ВP This photo also shows a close up of their coconut bedroom.

Meet Daddy and Mama Gnome.ВP I made their little outfits out of spare fabric and parts.

The “angel” wings made a good sign for the front.

The Minnesota shaped piece of wood on the bottom is a cutting board I got from a thrift store for about $2.00.ВP I got the other two plaque type wood pieces at a very cool recycled art supplies store, which sells all sorts of things that are either recycled or things stores don’t want anymore.ВP I also got the piece of wood for the table top, the gnomes, which were angels that I de-winged, and the two bucket looking containers and the one vase looking one.ВP I used the wings from the “angels” to make the sign and some leaves, and I used their “hands” to make two baby heads, and one of their lanterns to make a bird house.ВP I must have spent about $5.00 to $7.00 total on those things.ВP I bought a coconut for just under $3.00 and carefully split it in half and scraped out the insides.ВP Everything else you see is stuff we had already.ВP Wood beads help make the ladder and a bee hive, dowels make the rest of the ladder, the tree branches came from our Christmas tree, the other ladder is made out of used popsicle sticks, the butterfly was a little wood puzzle Owen had, the rocks and pine cone Owen already owned, and the fabric and string was in my craft supplies.ВP So, if you don’t count the price of the Christmas tree (since we would have bought that anyway) I spent a total of about $12.00 if I estimate high.

Here is my finished tree house:

Since the tree houses are $150.00 to $200.00 each, I thought I would try building one.ВP I gathered my materials over the course of months, and spent two Saturdays working on the project, but I did it, and for very cheap too!

And then of course, fill it with gnomes like these from Tree Hollow Toys:

I’ve been wanting Owen to have a gnome tree house like this one from Blueberry Forest Toys:

the adventures of a six year old boy and a 1 year old girl

Gnome Tree House | Kinder Tales

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий